Out of production parts

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

av8rmongo
E5

Out of production parts

Post by av8rmongo »

I recently acquired a package of GHQ's modern German Marder infantry carriers. These are the old style, when they still had the remote operated MG3 turret above the troop door. The problem is the package didn't have the little turrets in it. I was able to scrounge a couple from my parts bin but now I'm still three turrets short. Does anyone have some they could spare? I know I can go without since the BW decided to do that later anyway but I'm trying to flesh out my period PzGrnBtl. And the one from the "other guys" is not a close match.

I've sent a separate email to the good folks at GHQ to buy a sprue if they are available but since they are no longer in production I have little hope for that effort.

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

pmskaar
E5

Marder Parts

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Paul

GHQ should have these parts since they still make both Marders according to their new catalog. The one you are interested in is catalog listing N41 which is the Marder from the 70's and 80's used during the cold war I believe. GHQ should still have the turret sprue available since they are still producing it. I hope this helps.

Pete - Binpicker out

av8rmongo
E5

Post by av8rmongo »

Pete,

They redid the mold for N41 sometime in the 80's or 90's maybe. The first version had a small machine gun turret the later version does not. GHQ updated their mold because the BW removed the machine gun turret as well due to complicated maintenance and limited magazine capacity. The current N41 equates to a Marder 1A2 I believe. The previous casting would be of Marder 1 or 1A1. And of course the latest Marder (1A3) is an upgrade reflecting the increased armor (and subseqent loss of firing ports) and rearrangement of crew compartment hatches.

Paul

http://www.army-guide.com/images/marder000asdasodi.jpg
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

pmskaar
E5

Marder Parts

Post by pmskaar »

Paul

I now see your problem more fully. Yes, GHQ has redone some of their models such as the BTR 60PB which back in the early 80's had a separate turret casting but the new ones are molded in 1 piece hull and turret together. If you have the old ones and need a new turret then you have a problem greater than calling GHQ for a new piece. Have a great day!

Pete - Binpicker, Out!