demoing microarmor

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Rolando

demoing microarmor

Post by Rolando »

Hi!
my first post here :)

I live in Panama (Central America) and friend of mine and me haeve been demoing board games and miniature games for some time now and it makes wonders for the hobby.

I'm part of the Steve Jackson Games MIB program and have been demoing Ogre miniatures, and even if the game is almost dying people here play it and buy it. Why? Because there are no other demo teams and people buy what they know.

Even Games Workshop is not a big seller, even if people knows about it, because it isnt played in the hobby shops.
Now we are beginning to buy and paint GHQ and plan on demo it for the hobby and the fun, but it would be nice to have a program :D

Bob2000

Post by Bob2000 »

I was a very small reseller for GHQ years ago. When I start playing, nobody was interested. I bought 2 armies (late war Germans and late war US) and start doing games in store, put some adds in the net and elsewere. After a year or so, I had half a dozen customer and their number was slowly rising when GHQ decided to cut their small resseller program. It was years ago. Since then, I have met a few other players. But, as far as I know, nobody is promoting GHQ products or Micro-Armor in the Montreal area where I live and no store are carrying their products.

I am building a D-Day beach. I might use it to make one or two stores demos. Or maybe I might not as I have two young children (with a thirs due in about 2 weeks) and I really dont know why I should care about pushing products for a company that show no interst in helping me doing so. Organizing demos take time I might prefer spend with the kids.

But that might change if GHQ make up some kind of support program.

kgpanzer
E5

Post by kgpanzer »

But that might change if GHQ make up some kind of support program.[/quote]

It was to my understanding the GHQ or other like minded companies do not handle support for this...I might be wrong, however everywhere I heard they do not.

Rolando

demo reasons

Post by Rolando »

it is understandable, GHQ Microarmor is used by the US Army :)

They have the bigest demo team in the world (and the best well armed).

Anyone that have taken service in the army know about this hobby, and USA is the number one consumer country too.

But the rest of the word will benefit a lot by having people that demo games...

I do demos for game companyes that give support and for others that dont, althoug the hobby shops sometimes help in the demo things (giving freebies as prizes).

I think that for GHQ it will be enough to have an scenario program or some volunteer coordinator to help with convention work and demos, hobby shop demands (most hobby shops like to have company planed events on their shops)...

I understand that it is time consuming and costly, but the hobby (and the company) will benefit from it all.