White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Those trees...always trying to kill us all!!! Death to the trees I say!

(Not really - I love trees.)
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

SO me being thick headed I ahd to see if I could model, After enlisting the help of the wife and having her do the "grunt" work ie cutting,sanding,filing,mixing paint and stuff like that oh she also put the decals on for me !! and turned thigns as I shot paint here are the end project,not bad for a one armed man.Oh sorry for the bad pictures using only one arm/hand .

Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

yes she helped doing the dozsers to !!! After dinner she said she cut out the "camo" for me on plastic !!

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Hey everyone

So I'll keep you guys posted till then carry on and build white metal kits !!!!!

N
Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

You just need to stay away from those evil trees... :)

I know you'll pull out of it, you love building these vehicles way too much to give up.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Thank you Star,below is one of the rules I live my life by,it's a carry over from my military days

"Sucess is mandatory,Failure is not an option"

N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

guess I'll build ! waiting ondecals for this one,have one more in the works which will be a custom bash,and three others in the works gotta do something !!!

In case anyone is wondering the color is BC Rail light green by TRU-COLOR Hardest part was bending the mirriors as it is to spell it !!! here is a tip I find that it's eaiser to bend and install them then prime and paint,nothing worse then to ruin a great paint job with glue,if you install after painting I would use Micro-Krystal clear, besides making great windows it cna be used as a glue and it will gicve you a bit of "Bounce" if some lamebrain "MUST" pick it up at a show to "LOOK" at it

Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Will try and take some pictures this weekend witht he help of the Better Half !! so till later this week "Keep on Building WMK"
Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Don't strain yourself - that'll slow down the recovery process.

(I know, you find building relaxing, but...)

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

will post more pictures I hope,enjoy

Good old GHQ bobcat with trailer,always fun to build and fun to bash as I did in the second picture,I need to order more platting I like it I hope it goes over at the swap meets

The trick to cutting GMM deck platting is use a 9mm blade and have the wife do it !!

Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

unable to mask the wife cut some out for me using plastic!!

yeah the chain is a wee bit to big,but it adds something to it I think?

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Hasn't stopped you yet - has it?

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Much older GHQ kit think its #58-001 funny thing is if yiu build the fire pupmer you'll have the pipe holders to do this,Tricked it out with a Chep pallet and a Sunrise 55 gallon drum also will be adding a shovle,pick ax and a bucket,Added the grill and winch from the "Parts Box"

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

GHQ cherry picker truck with a bash,painted in MRL blue I messed up on the front windshield and the right light,I just need to add the cones and some more detail parts.
Only draw back to the double baskets is that I had to omit the longer ladder.

L

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

been building and painting like a madman tieing up all loose ends

need to touch up tires and add some gray caulk

For some reason the road grader's just fell in place really easy build,Guess we can thank the folks at GHQ for some great QA !!! thanks

Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.