American LaFrance 900's

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

StarCruiser
E5

American LaFrance 900's

Post by StarCruiser »

Just a quick question/idea... How hard would it be to create fairly accurate AL 900 series fire engines from the existing AL1000's currently in stock?

Just thinking out loud (and hoping for a little activity here).
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

jnevis

Engine/Ladder front end

Post by jnevis »

Not quite sure of the answer to your question but I would like to see newer (post 1990) era apperatus. Maybe even a new front end to add to the existing model. Another possiblity is a Freightliner based engine or a ALF Squad/Rescue. Most N scale vehicles seem to stop in the mid-90s (if not 70s) with few if ANY 2000 or newer models (North American vehicles anyway).

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Yes - I would just like to see more variety for N-Scale. There really aren't a lot of quality options out there...
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

sfsppe

More Fire Trucks

Post by sfsppe »

I'd like to see an additional variation of the LaFrance Ladder Truck. If GHQ could make a "Snorkel" device, it would be a simple and cost effective addition to the fleet. The body and cab of the truck would remain the same. You would just need to engineer two arms and a pedistal out of pewter, and an etched metal "basket". Three to four new parts and "presto" a new product!!!!!