White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nmanica
E5

Re: White metal Kits

Post by nmanica »

Long, Long, day So here is what is coming up soon I hope some items have been sitting here for over 8 months !

"Anyone can model prototypically,it takes a genius to model What If".

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Yikes! Lotsa projects...

Is that Dole tank car a Kato (Japanese) car? Looks to have been well adapted to N.A. use.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Yes in deed Star ! I have about 7 or 8 Kato cars to be stripped but Microscale for some reason stopped making that decal sheet !!!!! :| :x So I'm D.I.W.
Been looking for a new place to get some but no luck so far. I'll post a shot of the Kato whale belly car next.
N 8)

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Star can't seem to find the tank car pictures so this I hope will hole you for now LOL

N 8)

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I'll just about bet that Microscale got C&D'ed for printing Dole's logo. Very common problem since companies expect payments for anything and everything now.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Very well could be Star but on there site they still have other " Brands " with logo's. maybe they went rouge and wanted a kick back from them? sort of like when the UP wanted a kick back ? Why would anyone want free advertisement beats me !
I was looking to see if I needed anything then I remembered about " The Box " only thing I need is a rear wheel and a few forklifts ! Guess I need to work thur a few more builds. But once everything is done first I have a build that has been sitting and sitting but I will need to clear off the hobby table for it.

N 8)

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Yep - some company's are very...protective of their IP. Excessively so - thereby loosing out on the free promotional value of having their logos spread around without spending money to do so! :P