White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Last edited by nmanica on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone can model prototypically,it takes a genius to model What If".

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Now the second build is going along much better,nothing is glued in place just sitting there,This is going to be a GN/BN shop build crane and boom car so I want the boom car to look 'Homemade"

The crane will be pure GN thur and thur waiting on paint to dry will begin rigging in the A.M.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

SO I "Was" going to post an update but ran into a bit of a wreak,when I went to glue the base to body nothing fit !!!! ?????? so I am now stripping the base of the crane once that is repainted and glued to the body of the crane I'll post pictures of the crane/boom/rigging.
L

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

OK have the base primed and giving it 24 hrs to cure,have both Mother's day and my B-day on Sunday if my arm will let me we'll try and shoot paint then move on to rigging,once this is done I have a huge backlog of stuff needed to be built,but with the weather so great here in the PNW I have to get outside stuff done,just need to devote more time to modeling.

N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Crane all built up I glued the boom on and now comming the waiting,I have leaned from past builds one does not rig the boom the same day.I'll be shooting primer in the A.M. on three more kits I built today,they say "rain" all this week so it's a good time to build..
N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

SO got the crane rigged sorry for the crappy pictures! waiting to find some small wire so I can strip it and use the outer casing for a "shevle" I think build came out better then the last one??

Last edited by nmanica on Fri May 17, 2013 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Ok remember that kitbash M.O.W. truck I began building a longgggggggggg time ago ???

well here it is today,I rammed up the speed I was never able to find a small boom/crane for it so I went into the "Parts Box" and found a boom from the GHQ cherry picker kit,and I think I made it work.

I cut a opening in the wood deck and drilled a small hole in the end of the boom which I will glue a small wire to have it look like the cable is "inside" still tons of work but I think its comming along,This truck is built from alll spare parts in my parts box the truck itself was a swap meet find,nothing is glued in place!

N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Got the boom painted and rigged,the gear is not glued down want to make it look busy but not to busy the hook is bashed,I have side pannles not sure if I want to use them all or just two of them ?need to do touch up ,gloss and decal.

N

Last edited by nmanica on Fri May 24, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Road grader just about done,needed's some treaking,windows and then tied down to the GN flatcar.

N

Last edited by nmanica on Fri May 24, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Got an e-mail asking how I do the sleeve to give the look of a metal crimp holding the 'wire" to the hook or bucket,well here we go.If anyone as any questions feel free to e-mail me

get a small section of wire.

once you cut it to size,I just eye ball it put a #80 drill bit in your pin vise and then force the wire over the drill bit,this will cause the copper wire to come out somewhat.

when you see the copper wire get your tewrsser and start pulling it out this is what it should look like.

next get a straghit pin and again force the sleeve on the pin,once its on the pin work it up and down this will widen the opening you may have to do this a few min's

Ok now get your cable and wet the end I use two pair of twerssers one to hold the sleeve and the other to hole the cable,remember don't crush the sleeve then all you need to do is thread it thur

Once you have gotten that far just add your hook or bucket and thread it back thur !! pull to tighten and then add a wee drop of glue and BAM your done !!

Here is two pictures of the bucket for the GN/BN crane I'm building now.If anyone says anything remind them that THE TWO FOOT RULE APPLIES !!!!! LOLOL

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

SO the BN/GN crane is almost done going off the decal shop and then the glass shop,Came out better then the last crane.I'm happy with the bucket :)
N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Road grader just needing decals and then tied down and it get's shipped off to the client,I hope sometime in the A.M. I'll be shooting paint on some custom builds also have a log truck going on but untill i come up with some parts that is on hold,I'll post pictures of the build the truck is bashed and I'm adding a pup trailer to this one going to be one long log truck.
N

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

He keeps going and going and going and going...

Seriously though, how is your hand/arm doing?
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

N
Last edited by nmanica on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Been really to nice to build or paint,but I took the day "off" and played,lots of things comming off the work bench here are some of the P.I.W.( projects in the works)

GHQ road grader,just need to re-paint the rear wheels and add windows

The new type I M.O.W. truck from ShowCase Miniatures.

Two GHQ fire trucks and a GHQ tractor and tanker,yes I'm doing a second Dole tanker by request for a V.I.P.

GHQ D-8,this is going to be a "bash"

Second SHowCase M.O.W. truck

A "bashed" GHQ log truck,I built the truck and now I'm bashing a "Log Trailer" a lot of the log trucks around here carry a full load and pull a small pup.The front chassie is from a C&C kit that was bashed and saved I cut the drive shafts off and now just cutting and fitting to make it look "right"
Will need to build up the front so I can the log bunk,the rear is from a a second GHQ log kit that was "robbed" to this build.