White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

a kitbashed log loader,

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

this is one of the first loads I did.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Not a full "bash' so to say.

Lowboy with handlaided N scale 2x4's !! what was I thinking ??!!

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I don't know what you were thinking - but it looks real good!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

As always, thank you for sharing. It is always fun to see what our customers do with our models. Especially when it is incredible work you like you do...every time!

Thanks again,
GHQ

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

StarCruiser,GHQ, Sorry for not getting back sooner !! I've been swamped at work ! and in this day and age is a good thing !Thank for you kind words,When I sit down to work on kits I try to do something that will be "new" so to say i have been working on a kitbash with the Bucyrus Erie 30-B Crane, I hope to have pictues this weekend,and yes I do follow the rules of "Zen" when I order the kits and they come I have not ordered kits,but "parts"

Larry

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

StarCruiser wrote:I don't know what you were thinking - but it looks real good!
LOl I'm not sure if this was a older kit.best thing was that the rear wheels were not on the body,so it gave me a nice flat surface to work with.GHQ any input to wheater this was a older kit or a newer one ??

Larry

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

That's one of their older kits. I had one until I decided to change my preferred era (transition - mid/late 1950's).

That era change may be why I kept bugging them for stuff like older ALF Fire Apparatus (engines) and the like...
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Thanks for the infor Star!! I hope once thigns turn around and more people get more time GHQ can once again come out with newer kits,I can on;y guess what the R&D cost for a new one !!!!!

Larry

nmanica
E5

Semi-kitbash of the Bucyrus Erie 30-B Crane

Post by nmanica »

SO,while floating around on You-Tube looking at M.O.W. videos I see a mobile crane,and I'm like "Yeah" The build ( kitbash) is around the GHQ Bucyrus Erie 30-B Crane,
first I hard to find two of the older Con-Cor heavy lift cranes which one base will be used as the new base for the Bucyrus Erie 30-B Crane,as you can see the crane base "just" sits on the ring of the deck,and give the crane base no height at all

after a bit of thinking I used a dime to cut out the new base,this is both decks side by side

here is the crane base sitting on the new higher platform,more height and level

Last edited by nmanica on Mon May 02, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

I then cut out some GMM deck plating to cover the ones molded in place,nothing is glued as of yet

Here is the crane,body and boom ( not glued) once the base is glued it will sit level,the hard part is most M.O.W cranes are black or gray so what color should it be painted already have cranes in BN MRL and CP,what next ?

If your wondering what I did with the other crane,well that got primed and painted and now is C P Rail and the other crane ?? I never throw anything out,never !

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Ok sorry for not doing anything ,I will have pictures this weekend,paint is here the crane will be CP action yellow boom will be black the tip of the crane will be yellow I found one of my first cars I built and its now awaiting painting the flatcar will be CP action green, I went thur my parts box ( thank you GHQ) and have bashed the crane body somemore,I'm going to prime everything first only beacuse of the colors I'm using and it will be a lite coat,don't want to hide all the details the car whcih the crane is to ride on is ready I added GMM lift rings as tie down points for the boom and MT couplers and trcuks have been added.

L 8)

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Well after doing nothing but yard and field work on Saturday I said Sunday is mine !! well I need to get things done but I painted first,

First two shots are of the base,I was wondering about jsut doing the catwalks black but said no go for it,and yes there are "hoildays" but the cab body will be covering them.

next three shots are of the boom,plz note I install the boom upside down becasue I like the detail on the bottom side and also that give me the three folded sides up