White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

I really do love GHQ kits, So I was going to start a new topic but why waste bandwith so to say.I do shows and run and other thigns ,the first thing I do when I'm set up at a show is to go on "Walkabout" and see who has any GHQ kits for sale.Last show ran into a guy "changing" scale;s and getting rid of all his N scale,why I don't know.I ask DO you have any GHQ kits for sale ? He reachs under his table andbrings out this box.

I open it up and do a fast look see,clsoe it and with a straight face ask him What do you wnat for it ?? after a few min's of bargining I clsoe the deal and the box and walk away,once I'm out of his sight I RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!! back to my table and open the box

yep moi is a very very happy Nscaler,best thing is he had a few to die for kits I'll let you be the judge! Next two pictures are the entire haul.

Now the gold !!

You know GHQ I would be willing ot pay a buck or ot more jsut make hte bucket and place it in tthe wheeled front end log loader,its the same kit .

Not just any lowboy,but the older one that came in three parts,so much easier to install wood decking on this one

Don't know if I should build it or sell it or just keep it this is a GREAT kit people are screaming for it

By the way I have about 5 in the works right now not seen in the pictures.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

nmanica wrote:
StarCruiser wrote:I hope it was nothing (very) serious. :o

All is well now?
Star,yeah lucky thing I knew what the signs are and the other half wizzed me off to the hospital,making some major life changes now lost 31 pounds and cut out all the crap (junk food) so yes I'm on back and taking it easier then I was and learing how to say "NO" to people.
I was hoping it was a minor enough stroke not to cause serious long-term damage. Those can be life-savers in the end since they give you a good heads-up!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

StarCruiser wrote:
nmanica wrote:
StarCruiser wrote:I hope it was nothing (very) serious. :o

All is well now?
Star,yeah lucky thing I knew what the signs are and the other half wizzed me off to the hospital,making some major life changes now lost 31 pounds and cut out all the crap (junk food) so yes I'm on back and taking it easier then I was and learing how to say "NO" to people.
I was hoping it was a minor enough stroke not to cause serious long-term damage. Those can be life-savers in the end since they give you a good heads-up!
Yes sir Star,this was a MAJOR wake up call the T.I.A. has shaken me to the core!!! When I was active duty I broke my neck in three places and that is nothing to what as happen to me now.Doc said must guys would have gaffed it off and BOOM the next could have been the end,I have seen that my right hand is a wee bit shakey but my doc said that is nothing really was checked out and good to go,we'll see tonite when I fire up the aribrush !!! that will be the real test,so there will be more pictures later tonite,much later.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Here's hoping for a quick recovery - you've got a LOT of painting to do...
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

A few pictures of kits built and painted but not done yet,please feel free to point out any boo-bbo's that I missed taken notes on a extra set of eyes is a good thing,SOrry for the poor pictures shot htem in the air booth.

R.E.A. tie crane,great kit but I think it's time for R.E.A. to make a new mold or ramp up the Q&A a bit ?

GHQ doszer,what more to say about a great all around kit.

Ditto for the roller to.

I'm not at all happy with the paint job needs alot of re-touching,cutting out the GMM decking was a bugger but well worth it.Kit may go to the stripper to be re-started ??

Was doing great and then my arm slipped !!

Custom log truck need to do three more for a guy that is doing a logging operation on his layout.Once again GMM decking installed after GHQ decking was filed off.

Waiting for paint to dry before it gets the second color,I'm thinking red ??

Showcase Kenworth daycab,found out that ###-##### does not like being masked !! may have to go free-hand .

bobcats in the rough.

SO I'll let this all sit for a few days and then get back to them.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

SO it was do or die for the Kenworth daycab!! I didn't take off the paint but gave it a light sanding,not bad for free-hand with teh airbrush.Paint is a ittle thicker then I would have liked but it will work .

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Was hoping the hand rail I called GHQ about for the fire truck would have coem this weekend,but alast it did not,I do hope GHQ finds it in there heart to mail it ot me so i cna finish the pumper.SO I get a call from a guy "Can you build GHQ kits?" :shock: I said yeah ( trying not ot choke from laughing)He needs 4 bulldoszers so it's off to the "skunk Works'to build :D

When building like kits I open them up and placxe them in one tray.

After 3 hours of on again off again work and a lot of cutting,filing and#@$$% this is what we have

Only thing that is glued on is the rear claw

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Took so long cleaniing the dozers I never got around to painting wheels will do that today.

Guy I'm doing one for wanted it to be as level as can be !! even in "real" life the cab tilts forward,looks close enought for me.

This guy needs 3 more, they came today also,This goes to prove you cna build the cab off the bodyand I made no bashing on the front end,the wheels turn full right and a quater left,he also wnated the arms in a mid-postion

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Am I the only person posting here ?? :roll:

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Always a bear to build but worth it.

Wheeled log loader with just a small bash.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

When I opened this kit I new it was a nano second from being a train wreak!! Parts missing,front cab had a upright that was to short,so I was going ot call GHQ for parts but i stopped they would not send me a P.E. hand rail let alone body parts,So it's of to the parts box and once I found the parts I got it done.Sorry in advance to the great people at GHQ but I call it like I see it,last year I spent about $1,350 on kits its only January and I'm the $300.00 mark already

This body was filed down so the cab could be placed on after the body is painted,sorry for the bad pictures,Look for the shiny spots that is where I filed the cab and front end down.

Funny thing this only about the fouth time I build it were I was able to use the stock arms

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I don't know how you find the time to do so many projects!?!?

As usual, excellent work! :shock:

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

StarCruiser wrote:I don't know how you find the time to do so many projects!?!?

As usual, excellent work! :shock:
First StarCruiser,thank you for your kind words,now about projects :? I have more then I can keep up with !! and besides it helps me stay "sane" Here are some "Projects"

Somewhere on the table is the rear handrail for the firetruck !

Or maybe it's over here ??Stuff waiting to get done or started

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Almost forgot about these two kits waiting to be built !

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

When I said "Maybe it's over there" I was kidding :shock: While waiting for paint to dry I went over and got the N scale of Nevada kit I've been working and and guess was was sitting on the bottom of the car ??? :roll: See the box next to the needle nose piler

The lost handrail !!!