White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Next set of pic's are of the cab,I added some detail parts left over from other GHQ kits.

next three are of the base and cab sitting on the carbody which was also painted .

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

last two pic's are of what will be the tool,boom,workshop car.

and then afterr all this my airbrush went belly up !!!!! not happy

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

So while both airbrushes are off getting repaired I worked on the deck for the flatcar.

Last picture shows the siding that will be added on.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

The GMM decking is painted and glued down.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

first,sorry for being gone for so long,weather really nice at last to be playing trains,airbrushs are back still having trouble but was able to get cab and faltcar painted.
Just got done rebuilding both airbrushs !!! man what a job I think they are working now ???

Well I did a test shot of CP action yellow not really happy so I went CP action green

Flatcar with deck sitting in place.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Yes a second coat as been appied!! I have a dozser that needs some paint so that will be the test platform,I hope the airbrush works if not time to go shopping !!

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

One of the older dozer kits where you had to apply the blade guide pistons !!!

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

This is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,so second coat of paint done and dried on to the rigging

GHQ says to drill a small hole in the left rear conrer,I say NO !! drill the hole right thur the body!! why mess up a good paint job with glue?? once the hole is drilled I cut my "cable" extra longgggggggg tie something to hte end I used a toothpick and glue it from the inside

Next I get more "cable" and tie it around the frist drum then add a small drop of glue once dry I wrap it around the drum

Last picture is what I have now,only draw back is from this step forward it will be like doing open heart surgery !!!being that I must keep the cleans clear of everything I glued the base to the cab and will let it cure for 24 hrs befroe installing the "windows if the glue is not cured it will make the krstley clear hazy

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

boom/tender/work/idler car with sides in place and mast rest sitting in place only.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Bloody !!!!!! well I think it starting to look's like something now ? Sorry for the poor pcitures but I was not risking the move ot the diorma.

crane with boom and flatcar,boom rest not glued in place

BOOM BOOM BOOM ( I love the black eyed peas !!)

20ft can masked off to cover up the old owners logo

so here is the Micro Kristal Klear ( yes I copied the name so I could spell it right) installed and drying now I get to wait 24 hrs before I touch it

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Ok the boom is rigged !!! again sorry for the poor pictures,and if anyone is wondering yes, the cable is going thur all four holes in the block and tackle and now I can't find the bloody hook I was going to use !!!!!!!

ok here is the first one thur,once I got this thur I looked and saw that I had cable on the wrong side of hte boom so out it came,and had to re-do it.

After about 45 mins done !!

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

M.I.A. Sorry for being missing in action,had some health problems and then when you think it's all said and done POW!!! talk about a wake up call.So I'm up and running have a boat load of kits to build for people due in Dec and Feb.I'll post pictures as I finish them and yes the crane is almost done just trying ot find a hook and other odds and ends to make it look busy,so I'm back for what it's worth.

Larry
Last edited by nmanica on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I hope it was nothing (very) serious. :o

All is well now?
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

StarCruiser wrote:I hope it was nothing (very) serious. :o

All is well now?
Star,yeah lucky thing I knew what the signs are and the other half wizzed me off to the hospital,making some major life changes now lost 31 pounds and cut out all the crap (junk food) so yes I'm on back and taking it easier then I was and learing how to say "NO" to people.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Went over to "The skunkworks" tonite at around 9 PM and looked at my phone 0700 !!!
Time flys when your having fun !! So below are a few pictures of the crane,all and all it's done, just waiting to get over to buddie's place and get a better looking hook.I'm happy with the way it worked out but on the next one there will be some changes made.
Forgot one hting,not sure to paint the detail parts for hte crane white or black??? they will be the very last thing to do.