White metal Kits

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

catseye72

Post by catseye72 »

Looking good.

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Thank you very much.
N 8)
"Anyone can model prototypically,it takes a genius to model What If".

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Thank you to GHQ for finding and reposting my lost pictures,been busy outside planting and stuff will be updating the rail crane project and begin working on that project so we can move on to the next.Till then be safe out there.

N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Well life happens fast, really fast at times I am being " Relocated " I'm working on a ton of stuff so I can get it done and then get to work on the Crane build, once that is done it's going to be hit and miss with builds.
If it's ok with GHQ I'd like to post pictures of trains that are being painted and the such ?
So till next time be safe out there.
N 8)

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

HomeWard Bound,

Life happens fast,faster then one thinks it can.On Jan 17 I was given the gift of my first grandson ! I am very very proud and on a very sad note this Feb I buried my mother and my sister in two weeks time.I'm heading home after getting back the first stop is to see my grandson,then home to start were I/we left off, I want to thank my wife for holding down the fort.I'm taking the train back west take about a four days which will give me time to think how short life is and to wonder about the world my grandson will be growing up in.Till I get back west stay safe.

N

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Sad to hear about loosing two in the family so suddenly.

But, it's good to know the family will go on now that another has joined!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Just got back again :shock: I do hope there will be no " Trips " for awhile and I can spend some time at the " Hobby table "

N :lol:

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

So it was pouring here today no garden work or wood splitting.Sounds like a day to paint.

Yes shot a lot of primer today.

So while I was gone the wife was at a yard sale a picked up this little box of metal kits for a buck ! Some older GHQ kits !!

There are four of them !!! I hope I can find more wheels in the " Parts " box ??

Don't think is GHQ, Maybe Alloy Form ??? I have no clue.

Nice mix here,REA, Show Case and C&C

DId three of them here is one.

I'm running out of Sun Kist decals !!!!!

I did get the cars primed for the work train with the GHQ crane I'll finish up the crane and prep it for primer and then post pre-painting pictures.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Welcome back!

I think the sedan is CinC's '66 Ford Galaxy...by the way...
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

StarCruiser wrote:Welcome back!

I think the sedan is CinC's '66 Ford Galaxy...by the way...
Thank you Star !! and yes you are right about the car thank you for the intel.

So just a few pictures the work crane project keeps getting bigger :? it's up to four cars now.Will the madness ever stop ??

Have her in the house tonite for some decal work.

Crane ready for the wash bay busy weekend will try and get over to the " Skunk Works " this weekend,Till then stay safe.

N 8)

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Shot paint today, here are the three work cars for the crane project.Went to add horns to the cab over I can't find them !!!!! thousands of little boxes with parts and not one with horns so the cab over was a waste of time,So into the bottomless box of no retuns !!

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Hi been a long time been swamped first a three second rant :evil: :evil: :evil: I am so fed up with photobucket, Ok rant over :D

SO here are long overdue updates and a problem I'm having if anyone can help out please do Zen Master you out there ?????

There is one more car to the work train it's being worked on,well two really

Here is the crane base,first issues boom is to high,Guess i'm going to have to live with it

So this is going to be a GN work train

Now this is the problem,and I think it's just me wanting to push it as far as I can,the cable reel for the boom once it's glued to the base there is no real way to wrap the cable around the reel,and in the past I've fought it with a lot of cussing and swearing but getting at least two or three wraps around the reel,in the picture it is the cable going off to the left and down

Same here just a better shot

So what I'm thinking of is drilling a hole in the base and then threading the entire boom backwards I guess,then pulling from the bottom of the base and gluing it ???? Am I going over the edge or am I there

I should be able to do it then once rigged glue the entire unit to the base of the car, So right now I'm on hold while I think of what to do any input would be a great help.

N

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Sorry for the long lag time, My youngest and his wife ( Both active duty USAF ) just had a baby girl our second grandchild !! I am " Overseas " will be here for about a month.Best wishes to all until I return.

N 8)

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Congrats - Grandpa!

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

Walk's back into the thread turns on the light, dust off the hobby table and says, " It's time to start building again "
Been a hell of a trip, England, Scotland, Iceland home for a bit then Montana and now home again for awhile hope you all have been doing well ? Need to order some White Metal Kits ??? better make up a shopping list.
8)