Please consider Ten Wheeler conversions

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

jlaboda

Post by jlaboda »

Now that Bachmann's 4-6-0 is trickling into the states I thought I would put this out there for your consideration. The Bachmann model features older style domes but many of the surviving late-steam era Ten Wheelers had a smoother dome without the large base. Please consider doing this sort of boiler conversion... I believe that N-scalers would appreciate it if you would!!!

davejt

Post by davejt »

I too would love to see some early & late era N.P. 4-6-0 conversions.

Additionally some tender conversions, possibly using the Bachman powered tenders as a Base would go a long way too.

rjlee1

Post by rjlee1 »

Agree, please see about a kit(s) to make Northern Pacific 4-6-0's.

Though I have not checked the B-mann model against the prototype specs, a kit for an S-4 would be handy.

My current thought is to solve the desire by checking available parts from republiclocomotiveworks.com Although their focus is on Nn3, they carry plenty of parts, including GHQ, than could be used to modify the B-mann 4-6-0.

Still, it would be nice if Mr. Scott would create a proper kit.

Thanks for listening.

Richard J. Lee
PS - what ever happend to the advertised NP W-5 kit?
PSS - what ever happened to the NP freight cars kits, and detail parts to finish out the NP Zen Master projects?
Richard J Lee

davejt

Re: Please consider Ten Wheeler conversions

Post by davejt »

rjlee1 wrote:
PS - what ever happend to the advertised NP W-5 kit?
PSS - what ever happened to the NP freight cars kits, and detail parts to finish out the NP Zen Master projects?
Yes what happened to the W-5? I believe I still have a flyer around here somewhere about that one.

Thanks!

cn@spadina

NP kits will be available at the NP convention...

Post by cn@spadina »

Hello,

Although I am not employed by GHQ, I am good friends with Greg. He and a few other friends are working to ensure that there will be a lot of N-scale stuff available to see and buy at the NP convention this summer. Be prepared to spend some money if you are an N-scale NP modeler!

I am also working on N-scale NP stock car decals and hope to have them ready for the show.

Best regards,
Michael Livingston
Michael Livingston
Modeling southern Ontario railways in N-scale

nbr700

Post by nbr700 »

Just another vote for a 10 wheeler conversion. The new Bachmann model opens many doors for modeling.

Thanks for th egreat products and threads!

davejt

Re: NP kits will be available at the NP convention...

Post by davejt »

Great will they be available outside of the show? Thanks!
cn@spadina wrote:Hello,

Although I am not employed by GHQ, I am good friends with Greg. He and a few other friends are working to ensure that there will be a lot of N-scale stuff available to see and buy at the NP convention this summer. Be prepared to spend some money if you are an N-scale NP modeler!

I am also working on N-scale NP stock car decals and hope to have them ready for the show.

Best regards,
Michael Livingston