John Deere 9500 combine n-scale

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

fedequoit65

John Deere 9500 combine n-scale

Post by fedequoit65 »

I'm half done building this kit.
Regretfully the instructions to piece together the front end thrasher leaves a lot to be desired. Has anyone built this kit and can pass along any suggestions. Thanks.
Stumped in upstate NY (-jb-)

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I don't have one to look at (outside of my chosen era). All I can suggest is to look closely at the picture in the catalog:

http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/54009.html
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nmanica
E5

Post by nmanica »

fedequoit65, Could you post a picture of the area your talking about, I'll check my stash
Of kits and look at it and maybe give you some tips, I've built about 6 of them and made them work.
N 8)
"Anyone can model prototypically,it takes a genius to model What If".

georged

Re: John Deere 9500 combine n-scale

Post by georged »

I too am working on one of the JD combines and am at the point where you insert the thresher into the blade and it seems that the whole thing is too long to fit. any help would be appreciated

georged

Post by georged »

i ended up trimming the two outside spindles down and then not adding the2nd stat at each end in order for it to fit.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I don't check this board as often anymore, it's been pretty dead for some time.

NManica hasn't posted in quite some time (actually, getting a bit worried about that).

I haven't built that one since I'm mainly interested in the transition era and well, that's a bit too modern so...?

Sounds like you found a good solution anyway.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

Evis19761

Post by Evis19761 »

Thanks for the answer!