WWII German POW camp in N scale

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

HuntingPanther#4

WWII German POW camp in N scale

Post by HuntingPanther#4 »

Hello All,
I need some help.
I am trying to build a WWII German POW camp Luft Stalag III for my WWII N scale layout. (WWII Germany 1943 era)
I am having a hard time finding 10mm WWII German guard figures, British and American POW figures, guard towers, and realistic looking barracks.
I have surfed the web for help but have had little to no luck.
Does anyone have an idea where I can find these things?
I have been thru the Walther's catalog, Pendraken Miniatures, GDZ, Wargaming sites, just to name a few.
All suggestions are appreciated!
Thank you,
Larry

StarCruiser
E5

Re: WWII German POW camp in N scale

Post by StarCruiser »

Well - you are not going to find exactly what you want pre-made.

Most likely, you will have to modify some standard 10mm gaming miniatures for the guards and prisoners. The prisoners may still have their basic uniforms but, no helmets, weapons or other such external gear. You can rework marching German soldiers a little and paint them in standard Luftwaffe uniform (Vallejo has a off the shelf color for that).

The barracks buildings will pretty much need to be scratch-built, or maybe you can rework some kits that follow the basic low-profile style of POW barracks.

GHQ does not cover the era in 10mm scale but, there are several brands that do. Magister Militum and Pendraken come to mind. Try searching (Googlefu) for 10mm WW2 miniatures.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra