N Scale Locomotive Conversion Suggestion

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to N Scale models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

austinxw

Post by austinxw »

I am an avid Pennsylvania RR N Scaler. Although there are several Pacific 4-6-2 Models on the market in N Scale, none resemble the Pennsylvania K4. The prototype K4 had the PRR Keystone where most of the current models have the headlight and the prototype headlight was atop the bioler in front of the smoke stack. In HO Scale, both Bwoadway Limited and Bachman produce a very prototypical K4 PRR 4-6-2.

I was wondering if such a conversion kit would be considered by you for the N Scale market?

fire5506

Post by fire5506 »

I would be looking to buy at least 2 of the K-4 conversions if produced.
I would like to see a conversion for the mountain to PRR, also an H-10s. I need 3 of them too.
I need to make LIRR and PRR ones.
Richard looking at MP 242 while working for the FEC

Soca

Post by Soca »

Where you get it???

Matti Virtanen

Post by Matti Virtanen »

Minitrix made a PRR 4-6-2 K4. Yes, i know. The cylinders were of European high pressure type. I have one. :wink:

Anyway, i would love to see some GN Engines. :D
They too had the belpair boilers.

Matti

thirdrail

Post by thirdrail »

Sadly, there's no suitable 80 inch drivered mechanism to make a K4s, BUT, the Bachmann Spectrum Consolidation, which seems to be in almost continuous production, would make great models of Classes H8, H9 or H10s, and there were literally thousands of these on the PRR, right up to the end of steam. Just need the shells, a Lines West slope sided tender would be lovely.