Canadians Discussion Thread - Modern

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Canadian micro armor...
I may have some Grizzly's, Cougar's, & M113C&R(Lynx) available. What are you looking for? What quantities of each do you want?

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

I'd like to see one of you assemble a full canadian battle group like deployed in afghanistan...with all the diff assets

P.S I have finished a "future" canadian armoured regiment utilizing leopard 2a6/fennek (yes fennek might be in the plans for canada as well down the line)

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Give me the TO&E on fhe bridage as you expect it to be.

I may already be there or almost.

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

Looking at armoured acorn for the colors of the Canadian M113 and its variants and it looks like its a green base with khaki drab/black camouflage pattern. My M113, M150 are already painted in dark green with black/brown camo. I might paint the khakir drab over top of the brown and just good enough...or I could completely strip them all down and redo them all.

What to do, what to do... :? :? :? :?

Updated- got it figured out.

Here is a test on a Lynx Recon vehicle.
Colors that I used were Tamiya Deep Green as a base coat, then Tamiya Khaki Drab then GW black. I used a very light green and gave the model a very light dry brush, doesn't quite show it either. Comments are welcomed of coarse. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/ ... oncopy.jpg
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

thomas.tmcc wrote:
shawno wrote:I'd like to see one of you assemble a full canadian battle group like deployed in afghanistan...with all the diff assets

P.S I have finished a "future" canadian armoured regiment utilizing leopard 2a6/fennek (yes fennek might be in the plans for canada as well down the line)
what is the battlegroup like thats been deployed ? .. you got a full TO&E for it ? ..
No I don't... I only know from an armoured tpr's perspective, seems like an INF battalion with a recce sqn and tank sqn as well as all the other assets. I haven't been to A'stan, so I cant really say for sure.

Wayne

Lynx

Post by Wayne »

Dougeagle, we have a Lynx at the armoury where I use to train and its green with black only. I`ve painted my lynxes with just black added. Also my M113s are the same color. I have the older style Leos and I have added some brown or red brown to them. I`m trying to make up the 4th Mech. Inf. Bde which was stationed in Germany. I would like to go back to the very late fifties or eary sixties and use Centurions and infantry dressed in WW2 style uniforms.

chrisswim
E5

Fireman Tim

Post by chrisswim »

error
Last edited by chrisswim on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

Well, I've been trying to take some pics to show others my Modern Canadians, but having some problems with the lighting right now. So, if anyone has some post, please do :D
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

Ben
E5

Post by Ben »

Hi all,

as this topic poped up again. I recently saw the Bergepanzer 3 (afaik leased German surplus) from of the Canadians for the first time and have to say: Gosh, very nice looking vehicles!
To all of you not familiar with those items. The Canadian Arym received two BPz 3 in 2007 to support their Leo 2A6CAN in AFG. The BPz 3 have been rather heavily modified (add-on armour, new aerials, a wider dozerblade...).

Cheers Ben

Panzerleader71
E5

Post by Panzerleader71 »

Good idea for a discussion thread. When I am done with my WWII armies I plan on moving into moderns (particularly, 4th CMB mid 80's).

I wouldn't get too excited about adding Leo II's to your forces yet (at least if you want to keep your contemporary TO&Es accurate). If the papers are to be believed all the Leos we have recently bought are in need of refurbishing to bring them up to battlefield standards. Meaning they will not be ready to be fielded for at least 4-5 years. They need to first work out which company will do the fix-up work, which will probably take up most of that time.

Panzerleader71
E5

Post by Panzerleader71 »

True, but they are German IIA6s.

dougeagle
E5

Post by dougeagle »

So what are they Leo II's going to be called. If we call the 1 series the C1 and the upgraded version C2, will it be called the C3?
Just glad the Canada is deciding to do something about our aging cats. Now, it they would do something about those old boats that are supposed to be called submarines... :oops:
Doug

Bruce Lee

Ben
E5

Post by Ben »

Hi,

according to the photos on page 1 of this thread the Canadian Leo 2A6M are called Leopard 2A6M CAN.
The vehicles from German surplus have been modified (add-on armour, new communication equipment...) to fit the Canadian operational requirements.

Kind regards,
Ben