Show us yer stuff!
Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1
-
Panzer Commander
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 am
- Location: Kansas
First off....
Sheesh, every time I see your work, my jaw drops! You set the bar for naval miniatures!
Hopefully, mine might be a tiny fraction as good!

A recon unit probes forward, supported by a Sherman.

They don't like what they see!

Support is called in!
All of the U.S. units are from the U.S. Armored Infantry Command 1944.
Sheesh, every time I see your work, my jaw drops! You set the bar for naval miniatures!
Hopefully, mine might be a tiny fraction as good!

A recon unit probes forward, supported by a Sherman.

They don't like what they see!

Support is called in!
All of the U.S. units are from the U.S. Armored Infantry Command 1944.
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.
-Edmund Burke
-Edmund Burke
-
DRPgeneral
- E5
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 am
- Location: Texas
-
Panzer Commander
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 am
- Location: Kansas
-
Quartette
- E5
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 pm
- Contact:
I assume the hedges are also woodland scenics? If so what pack are they? I consistently seem to buy the wrong size...Panzer Commander wrote:Completely blanked, didn't see your question, Tanner.
Anyway, I use a mixture of Woodland Scenics light green, dark green, and brown turfs. Hope it helps!
Cave Ab Homine Unius Libri
-
Panzer Commander
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 am
- Location: Kansas
-
pvt64
- E5
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Ballston Lake, NY
More 1/300 Scale WWII Planes
US PBY early 1942




Dutch A-29 Hudson




Dutch PBY




FAA Albacore








Dutch A-29 Hudson




Dutch PBY




FAA Albacore




-
Begemot
- E5
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:11 am
Recent Work
Gentlemen,
It's been a while since I posted any of my stuff, so here are some photos of my recent efforts.
The new T-62:


The older BRDM:

WW2 American - M4A3 Sherman:


GMC 2 1/2 Ton truck:


And some German stuff:



These are all brush painted from beginning to end, using artists' tube oils.
Begemot
It's been a while since I posted any of my stuff, so here are some photos of my recent efforts.
The new T-62:


The older BRDM:

WW2 American - M4A3 Sherman:


GMC 2 1/2 Ton truck:


And some German stuff:



These are all brush painted from beginning to end, using artists' tube oils.
Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho
Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho
Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)
-
RedLeif
- E5
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
- Location: Boise, ID
- Contact:
-
pmskaar
- E5
- Posts: 2275
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:45 am
Show Us Your Stuff
Begemot
That is really excellent work on all those pieces. The drivers for the jeep and the truck almost look like real people that have been shrunken down to fit.
Great job on the German camo as well. It is not always easy to pull it off and make it look good but you have certainly done that.
Pete - Binpicker, Out!
That is really excellent work on all those pieces. The drivers for the jeep and the truck almost look like real people that have been shrunken down to fit.
Great job on the German camo as well. It is not always easy to pull it off and make it look good but you have certainly done that.
Pete - Binpicker, Out!
-
Mk 1
- E5
- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:21 am
- Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Begemot:
Agree with the others. Great stuff!
I am always particularly impressed when care is taken on the trucks and jeeps and other support vehicles. I mean, making a big tank look good is one thing, but making a truck look like a prized piece ?!? Now THAT is a star performance.
In particular I like how you have managed the tarps on the trucks. Subtle differences in color from the vehicles themselves, as if they started at about the same color, but being canvas they weathered, got dirty, and faded at different rates vs. the metal. It gives them so much character.
Oh, and they look good too!
Agree with the others. Great stuff!
I am always particularly impressed when care is taken on the trucks and jeeps and other support vehicles. I mean, making a big tank look good is one thing, but making a truck look like a prized piece ?!? Now THAT is a star performance.
In particular I like how you have managed the tarps on the trucks. Subtle differences in color from the vehicles themselves, as if they started at about the same color, but being canvas they weathered, got dirty, and faded at different rates vs. the metal. It gives them so much character.
Oh, and they look good too!
-Mark 1
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD
Difficile est, saturam non scribere.
"It is hard NOT to write satire." - Decimus Iunius Juvenalis, 1st Century AD
-
Begemot
- E5
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:11 am
Guys,
Thanks for the kind words. It's much appreciated.
Dougeagle - you asked what oils I used. This is the palette:
Titanium White
Ivory Black
Burnt Umber
Burnt Sienna
Ultramarine Blue
Yellow Ochre
Cadmium Red Light
Cadmium Yellow Pale
So I mix these to get the colors that I want. Olive Drab is black + yellow ochre; Dunkelgelb is cad yellow pale + white + cad red light + ultramarine blue; and the Russian green is ultramarine blue + yellow ochre + burnt umber + white. I mix until it looks right.
I use a medium to thin down the oils so I don't get brush marks when the paint dries. It does mean several coats can be required. The base colors on these vehicles took three coats.
Why oils? I like the challenge of mixing up the colors. I like the extended working time of oils so I don't feel rushed. The extended drying time allows for mixing colors on the model if desired. The tarp on the deuce-and-a-half is an example of this technique.
Thanks for the kind words. It's much appreciated.
Dougeagle - you asked what oils I used. This is the palette:
Titanium White
Ivory Black
Burnt Umber
Burnt Sienna
Ultramarine Blue
Yellow Ochre
Cadmium Red Light
Cadmium Yellow Pale
So I mix these to get the colors that I want. Olive Drab is black + yellow ochre; Dunkelgelb is cad yellow pale + white + cad red light + ultramarine blue; and the Russian green is ultramarine blue + yellow ochre + burnt umber + white. I mix until it looks right.
I use a medium to thin down the oils so I don't get brush marks when the paint dries. It does mean several coats can be required. The base colors on these vehicles took three coats.
Why oils? I like the challenge of mixing up the colors. I like the extended working time of oils so I don't feel rushed. The extended drying time allows for mixing colors on the model if desired. The tarp on the deuce-and-a-half is an example of this technique.
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho
Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho
Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)
-
Mk 1
- E5
- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:21 am
- Location: Silicon Valley, CA
-
ferret701
- E5
- Posts: 390
- Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:14 pm
- Location: Northern Virginia
- Contact:
I haven't posted anything in a while, but I've just done a big update on my website (www.microarmormayhem.com), with pretty much all Soviets, both WWII and modern. Here are some of the more interesting:
JSU-122


Zis42 Half Track Prime Mover

ZiS Trucks

Pat Callahan
JSU-122


Zis42 Half Track Prime Mover

ZiS Trucks

Pat Callahan