Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1

Post Reply
RedLeif
E5
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by RedLeif »

Pat those are very fine paint jobs, nice dark wash application.

Cav Dog
E5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:12 am

Post by Cav Dog »

A couple of things I have been playing around with:

Sherman MK 51

Image

Caunter Scheme

Image

Image

Image

Modern German Armor

Image

Image

Image

Snow Leopards

Image

Image


Image

On the Prowl

Image

Marders in Ambush

Image
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

chrisswim
E5
Posts: 7601
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:22 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Post by chrisswim »

Cav:
Nice 'snow leopards', just like the U-tube video.

So where did you find the old M1? When the newer M1 came out, I used these as M1A1, the barrels are thicker. I have used the M1A1 as M1A1 (HA) or M1A1 AIM for the US.

Thank you for posting.
Chris

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

WWIICentral wrote: Guys, I wanted to share a few photos of my recently completed IJN Pearl Harbor Carrier Group. There are plenty more photos on my blog
.....
Let me know what you think.
Tanner
Tanner,

I'm not a ship guy ... but I just had to say how great these look. Very nice job.
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

Przemek Wieczorek wrote:Hello,
Some of my models which have prepered for Borhholm campain - hypothetical Polish attack on that island in 1982. We are after two battles now - the situation is not clear :)
Regards,
Przemek
Great looking stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

DRPgeneral
E5
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 am
Location: Texas

Post by DRPgeneral »

Cav dog:

How big is the terrain board? Can you show us some full pics?? I need ideas :(
i want to work in a forest/mountain board. What materials do you use? Pm me if you have time. Thanks

Danny

tstockton
E5
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:55 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Post by tstockton »

Nice pictures, everybody -- thanks for sharing!

And while I enjoy a well-done camouflage paint job, I have to admit to a fondness for the monochromatic schemes; the wonderful details of the castings often get lost in the camouflage schemes. I know that is the job of camouflage -- to help hide something. But I love seeing those fine details!

Regards,
Tom Stockton
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

Rutgervanm
E5
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: Nederland

Post by Rutgervanm »

Wow, that winter terrain looks extremely well done. Do you have any more photos? I think this is the first time I've actually seen Cold War done in winter. I must know more!

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Made some containers

Post by AllenRockwell »

I recently made some containers. Here's one on a 5 axle HEMTT. I'm pretty sure I've shown the HEMTT here before ... but if not ... here it is.

Image

Image

Image

P.S. Gregory and Channig ... I know you guys get a lot of requests from customers, but this would be an easy one. Just modify one of your existing HEMTTs to be a 5 axle version so I can stop modifying them and just buy them from you. Please :D
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

tstockton
E5
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:55 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Post by tstockton »

Allen,

Wow, those containers look great!! Excellent job!!

Regards,
Tom Stockton
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

av8rmongo
E5
Posts: 1637
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Newport, RI
Contact:

Post by av8rmongo »

Allen,

Can you measure the containers L, W, &H for me? I have a project in mind that they would be perfect for but I need to know how much area I'm going to need for the full layout.

Paul
“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.â€￾
― George Orwell, 1984

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- George Orwell

http://av8rmongo.wordpress.com

nashorn88
E5
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

Post by nashorn88 »

I wanted to try out some weathering. These came out better than I expected.

Image
Image
Image
Image

RedLeif
E5
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by RedLeif »

Cav Dog I like your winterized paint scheme, that looks cool.

Allen, sweet containers! they look great. So do your customized 5ax HEMMT's

Nashorn, excellent detailing on your Panzers!

thanks for sharing guys.

BattlerBritain
E5
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Somerset, UK

Post by BattlerBritain »

Nashorn - I'd say those are some of the best painted figures I've seen. Spot on. Well done - keep it up.

Any details on how you've done them?

Many Thanks,

B

nashorn88
E5
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

Post by nashorn88 »

BattlerBritain wrote:Nashorn - I'd say those are some of the best painted figures I've seen. Spot on. Well done - keep it up.

Any details on how you've done them?

Many Thanks,

B
Thanks! I haven't painted in a long time. I need reading glasses and a lens to paint these days but it really easy to get this effect.

1. I spayed a light coat tamiya pazer gray. ( NO primer)
2. let dry in sun for a day.
3. I used a old paint (Citadel brown wash) I had . you can use any brand or make your own. Let it get into all the recess areas. Just make sure it dry fast other wise it will spread out and loose its effect. Don't worry if it does just apply again.
Let the wash dry.
4. Dry brush with a light shade of gray. Just start light until you get the effect you want.
5. Paint in all the details. sliver for the cables, jack, light brown for the wood, red for fire bottles,white for any lights,red brown or gray for the tracks... etc
I know who would have a silver showing in a tank? But this is for show and you are not bring this into battle....lol.
Trust me more bright colors the better just don't go overboard.
6. I like to dry brush with a light brown to give it a dust coat.
7. Antenna – is from a cheap brush and gel super glue
8. I just need to get some new decals. I had a few old packs of the GHQ one but they all fell apart when I tried to get it off the backing. Maybe too old.

How that helps... I know there are a lot of good painters on this site.

Post Reply