Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1

Post Reply
nashorn88
E5
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

Post by nashorn88 »

Some more stuff I'm working on.
Spay a light coat of Tamiya dark Grub? not sure spell?
Ink with a Brown ink
Dry brush with delta cramcoat Mustard
Vallejo- red leather tracks
Chainmail for cables and tools
light black ink to give it that live in look.
another dry brush with Mustard
1 Hair for a thick brush and super glue

I notice part of the panther is the pic. I'll show this when done I'm experimenting with iraq sand spay paint as a base coat.
Pic from iphone

Image

Image
Image
Image

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

av8rmongo wrote:Allen,
Can you measure the containers L, W, &H for me? I have a project in mind that they would be perfect for but I need to know how much area I'm going to need for the full layout.
Paul

Paul,

They are 20' x 8' x 9' tall and 40' x 8' x 9'

Converting those dims to inches and dividing by 285 gives you:

.840" x .340" x .3925" for the 20' version and 1.68" x .340" x .3925" for the 40' version
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

nashorn88
E5
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

Post by nashorn88 »

Image

Got to work on my spay control

nashorn88
E5
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

Post by nashorn88 »

Image

RedLeif
E5
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by RedLeif »

I've added some photos of GHQ's italian models to my website at this link:
http://www.edmondsonclan.net/Leifsmicro ... alians.htm

Here is a sample:
Individual infantry:
Image
models painted by J. Fariah, based by me

Sorry the image is so freakishly large. I've yet to figure out how to control the size in the img tag in the forum. On my site they are more reasonably sized.

Leif

exodusforever
E5
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Singapore

Post by exodusforever »

Brilliant stuff RedLeif. Gonna be trying my hands on some Modern US Infantry too.
Btw, What do you use as a base for your squad of soldiers?
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

dougeagle
E5
Posts: 726
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Northern Alberta

Post by dougeagle »

nashorn88 wrote:Image
Nicely done :D :D :D :D
Airbrushed?
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

RedLeif
E5
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by RedLeif »

Hi,
I use vinyl floor tile from any local hardware store. Its the cheap, thin stuff, about $1 per square foot. A couple years ago I started attaching the tiles to 1" x 1" steel bases for magnetic purposes. I tried just putting models on the steel bases but I found those to be too thin to easily pick up and a little sharp.


Nashorn, keep doing what your doing. Those look great!
Leif

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

New Project - MLRS Battery

Post by AllenRockwell »

Artillery pieces have a special place in my heart since I was in the Artillery when I served in the US Army. I was stationed at Ft Sill Oklahoma when the MLRS was a very new system in 1983 and I remember them well.

I actually don't use artillery in gaming much ... but to be honest I'm way more of a builder/collector than a gamer anyways . I already have a M109A6 battery and a M777 battery ... so it's time to create an MLRS battery. GHQ makes almost everything needed for the battery including the vehicles for the HQ Section, Supply Section and Ammo Platoon with the exception of the HEMAT trailers and their magazine loads .... so let the designing begin.

Here are my magazines that I've designed. Next I'll do the HEMAT trailers for them.


Image

Image


Image

Here is what the HEMAT trailer will look like

Image
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

pmskaar
E5
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:45 am

Show Us Your Stuff

Post by pmskaar »

Nashorn 88

that is some very nice looking German armor.

Allen

Excellent work on those MLRS pods. They look great.

Pete - Binpicker, Out!

nashorn88
E5
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

Post by nashorn88 »

Image
Image

Getting better with the airbrush

Cav Dog
E5
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:12 am

Post by Cav Dog »

More Leopards - first crack at airbrushing 3 tone NATO camo. It is pretty obvious I need more practice!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

Luca
E5
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: SLC

Post by Luca »

I really like the Ferdinands!
Ars & Mars

Military vehicles are beautiful because they are built from functional designs which make them real, solid, without artifice. The short timers

Erst wägen, dann wagen (first consider, then risk) von Moltke the Elder

tstockton
E5
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:55 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Post by tstockton »

On basing models, RedLeif said:
I use vinyl floor tile from any local hardware store.
Leif, I'm not sure where I saw this recently -- it might have been on Ian H's 6mm wargaming site -- but I read where after a period of time, the floor tiles he was using for terrain squares (12" squares?) started curling to the point they were not usable -- they just wouldn't lie flat. Now, in a 1" square piece that might not be such a problem... but I thought maybe I should pass that along for consideration.

Another thought on vinyl floor tiles... If curling became a problem, what would happen if you'd place the tile on something flat, like a cookie sheet or baking pan, then set them in an oven set at a low temperature -- say 175°F or so -- for 20 or 30 seconds; and then take the tiles out, set them on a flat surface, put some small weights on them to flatten them out, then let them cool down to room temperature. I know one can straighten out a curve in a resin kit by doing the oven procedure; maybe that would work for vinyl as well.

Ah, the thoughts one has while waiting for that first cup of coffee to kick in! :D

Regards,
Tom Stockton
"Well, I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"

-- Major T. J. "King" Kong in "Dr. Strangelove"

Luca
E5
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: SLC

Post by Luca »

Here is some work I've done in the last months, plus some other old stuff.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Ars & Mars

Military vehicles are beautiful because they are built from functional designs which make them real, solid, without artifice. The short timers

Erst wägen, dann wagen (first consider, then risk) von Moltke the Elder

Post Reply