Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1

Post Reply
AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

MLRS magazine load photo for Chris

Image
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

chrisswim
E5
Posts: 7598
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:22 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Post by chrisswim »

Allen,
Thank you for posting the pic, that looks good, nice. It appears that it is two boxes by two boxes for the MLRS. So that Hemtt is carring ammo/rounds for two MLRSs.....

I appreciate the pics.
Chris

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

chrisswim wrote:Allen,
Thank you for posting the pic, that looks good, nice. It appears that it is two boxes by two boxes for the MLRS. So that Hemtt is carring ammo/rounds for two MLRSs.....
I appreciate the pics.
That is correct, that's the normal way the mags are delivered. 24 rounds total.
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

ferret701
E5
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:

Post by ferret701 »

AllenRockwell wrote:Nice work Pat. I especially like the terrain hexes :)
As well you should. I've got one more hill section to finish this week, then I'll be contacting you. (Still haven't finished the B1 ... got it all cleaned up but not yet glued together).

Pat

Panzer Commander
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 am
Location: Kansas

Post by Panzer Commander »

Image
Thought I'd throw up a quick phone pic. Still need to get my 88 based and crewed...
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

dougeagle
E5
Posts: 726
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Northern Alberta

Post by dougeagle »

Some nice looking mini's on here...lookin' good :)

Question:

What is a good shade of green to use for WWII Russian tanks?
Doug

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee

Luca
E5
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Location: SLC

Post by Luca »

Any shade will work, from dark green trought bronze green till brown/dark kaki.

Personally I like the dark green and the brownish green.

bye!
Ars & Mars

Military vehicles are beautiful because they are built from functional designs which make them real, solid, without artifice. The short timers

Erst wägen, dann wagen (first consider, then risk) von Moltke the Elder

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

I did an MH-53J (AC38) in the stowed position last night. I think it came out pretty nice.

Image

Image

Image
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

lacamas
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:31 am
Location: Great state of Washington
Contact:

Post by lacamas »

I have been collecting Microarmor since the early 70's, bough my first GHQ T62 in 1971, now several hundred pounds later.

Working on getting some decent photos.
My M1 and M60 box

Image

I am also creating a website for my large collection at

https://sites.google.com/site/richkr99/ ... collection

ferret701
E5
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:

Post by ferret701 »

I've just posted a big update to my site, www.microarmormayhem.com, including photos of a bunch of GHQ models released in the last six months. Among them:

Canadian Piranha III

Image
Image

Russian BMD-3
Image
Image

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Danger - Stay back 100 meters or you will be shot

Post by AllenRockwell »

A few wheeled vehicles ready for a convoy
Image

Full size image on my blog, address below.
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

PostHumanRepublican
E5
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:39 am
Location: Gulf Breeze, Florida

Post by PostHumanRepublican »

Well done Allen. The signs on back are a really nice touch.
My Blog (covers Micro Armor, Micronauts, hobby tricks, and step by step how tos)
http://omnijackalsden.blogspot.com/

RedLeif
E5
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by RedLeif »

Those signs are just an excellent detail.
Nicely done!

AllenRockwell
E5
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA
Contact:

Post by AllenRockwell »

A whole bunch of wheeled vehicles ready for action

Image

Note: As much as I love painting Micro Armor, and I REALLY do, sometimes there just are not enough hours in the day and I cannot get around to doing the pieces I want to do. So if you really love painting and do it for a reasonable price, I'd love to hear from you. Mainly I'd like to find someone that will take 50 or so pieces at a time and paint the base color, windows, gun barrels, and wheels or tracks. I can do the finishing touches and weathering etc.
In the image above, there are 328 tires that I had to paint one at a time ... sometime there just is not that kind of time available :(

If you are interested, PM me and we can talk. Thanks.
Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
GHQ Fanatic since 1978

My Micro Armor Blog www.allensmicroarmor.com

busboy
E5
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 am

Post by busboy »

Haha. No kidding Mr. Rockwell. Reminds me of when I did a Stryker company (+) in a day. Jeeze that was a lot of tires. Links are to larger sized pictures.

Image

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0699_o.jpg

Image

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8488_o.jpg
-busboy

Post Reply