Show us yer stuff!

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1

Post Reply
luigi78
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by luigi78 »

Sorry! I repeated the post.
Last edited by luigi78 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luigi78
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by luigi78 »

Thank you very much.

DRPgeneral
E5
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 am
Location: Texas

Post by DRPgeneral »

Building my Mexican Military, heres the pics.

Fuerza Aerea Mexicana [FAM]

A7 Corsair
F8 Crusader
F4 Phantom
Image

Rotary Wing [FAM] *sorry for the blurry pics*

Eurocopter Tiger
Puma Helicopter
Image

Secretaria de la Armada [Navy] * i know they are not the best ships, but i like them*
Image

Image

Secretaria de Defensa Nacional [Sedena] {ARMY}

M-10 WOLVERINE fixed with a 105 mm
M4 SHERMAN fixed with a 105 mm
M-36 JACKSON fixed with a 105 mm
ERC-90 sagaie
vbc-90
M-60 A2 Starship
LAV-25, LAV-mortar- LAV-HQ *SEMAR*

Image

Image


Image

The tanks are on the first phase of painting, I will be posting pics. Some how the Generals think the WW2 Tanks modified are still good to go. What do you guys think? *In real life, they still have some WW2 vehicles in service*

KILLroy1978
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 am

Post by KILLroy1978 »

I figured it was time to post a few pics of what I have been working on the past few months.

Image

Image

Image

Image

More pics can be seen on my blog.
"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

KILLroy1978
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 am

Post by KILLroy1978 »

I haven't worked much with washes. I tend to get mixed results when I try. I will post some more in a few weeks.
Thanks for the compliment.
"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Bezmozgu7
E5
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 am
Location: Sterling, VA

British Paratroopers

Post by Bezmozgu7 »

Here are the British paratroopers I completed last week for a game I'm running on the 22nd:

Image

Five platoons, two company HQ, four Vickers MGs

Image

Company HQ Stand

Image

Platoon HQ Stand

Image

Squad Stand (Style 1)

Image

Squad Stand (Style 2)

Image

PIAT Team Stand

Image

2" Mortar Team Stand

Image

Vickers MG Team Stand

Image

Para Squad in the Field

Bezmozgu7
E5
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 am
Location: Sterling, VA

Post by Bezmozgu7 »

Thanks! Although I try to research my projects thoroughly, for full disclosure I didn't intentionally darken the trousers -- the black wash I use made them darker than originally intended. I guess it is still better to be lucky than good!

shadowspears
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 am
Location: NW Arkansas
Contact:

Post by shadowspears »

I painted up this "Prussian" helicopter last year for my 6mm PDF force.

Image

shadowspears
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 am
Location: NW Arkansas
Contact:

Post by shadowspears »

Bezmozgu7 those airborne look great.

KILLroy I like your soldiers and your blog, very nice.

KILLroy1978
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 am

Post by KILLroy1978 »

Thanks Shadowspears. Your blog is pretty cool as well. I added photos of my trip to a civil war reenactment I went to in Olustee Florida this past weekend.
"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Bezmozgu7
E5
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 am
Location: Sterling, VA

Post by Bezmozgu7 »

Here are a few photos of some Panthers, StuGs, and Marders that I just finished up for a friend -- he likes the "Ambush" camouflage pattern:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

RedLeif
E5
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:11 am
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by RedLeif »

platoon, troop, section
squadron, battalion, regiment

Call it what you like. Call it what it was called in that nation's terminology. As long as the people playing your game understand what you mean your all good. Personally I like authentic terminology.


Nice work by the way.

best regards
Leif

TAMMY
E5
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am
Location: MILANO, ITALY

Post by TAMMY »

It is not so simple as the level of organization change with different Armies or Arms.

For example in the US Army Cavalry a Squadron is equivalent to a battalion, a troop to a company. A troop is divided into platonns. At ACW time a Cavalruìy regiment was divided into companies, with intermediate battalions for administration only.

In most other armies a squadron is equivalent to a company, and the troop is a platoon.

Add to this that squadfron is not reserved to cavalry only but in some armies is used for other arms too.

Many armies use Regiment for units that are actually battalion sized and are so qualified in other armies. In the same army this may be different before and after the WWII due to the size reduction of the army.
Ubicumque et semper

TAMMY
E5
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am
Location: MILANO, ITALY

Post by TAMMY »

The British system may be confusing.

For example the same armoured unit may be called Regiment (if of cavalry origin) or battalion (if RTR).

An infantry regoment may fielld various battalions on differen fronts, generally organized in Brigades. In other armies regiments fielded their battalions (usually 3) all together.

I know that all this comes from traditiion but is not exactly straightforward
Ubicumque et semper

piersyf
E5
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post by piersyf »

In the British Regimental system a 'regiment' is a recruitment and training organisation that produces battalions for deployment. In WW2 the Scots Guards maintained 3 battalions in the field, 1st and 2nd being infantry and the 3rd was raised as a tank battalion. The 'regiment' was a place recruits could go, join THAT regiment and be trained. You shouldn't ever see a Scots Guardsman posted to the Fife and Forfar Yeomanry, only to a Scots Guards battalion.

The exception to this rule is for corps. The corps of artillery provides a regiment to support a brigade. Armour, which came from the cavalry corps, also brigades in regiments.

A brigade is a grouping of units, similar to a combat command or a task force. It is generally made up of several battalions with a regiment of artillery in support, and is commanded by a brigadier (of course).

Several armies refer to a regiment as a particular sized unit. To the British it is an identity. A group of battalions is a brigade whereas that size formation to other armies is a regiment.

British WW2 division had 3 infantry brigades or 2 armoured brigades.
US and German infantry divisions had 3 infantry regiments.

Simple :shock:
There is no right or wrong, only decisions and consequences.

Post Reply