Things id like to see in 2017-2018
Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
How about a series of X-tanks?
1. Challenger II unmanned turret.
2. M1 120mm tank turret test bed (no crewmen in the turret)
3. MBT-70
4. General Motors version of XM-1
5. XM-8 Armored Gun System with add-on armor separate
6. XM800(T) ARSV
1. Challenger II unmanned turret.
2. M1 120mm tank turret test bed (no crewmen in the turret)
3. MBT-70
4. General Motors version of XM-1
5. XM-8 Armored Gun System with add-on armor separate
6. XM800(T) ARSV
Last edited by panzergator on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
-
Gordon Tweddle
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:31 pm
- Location: uk
my suggestions
U,S Tank riders with tankers with a Harley Davidson bikes
Allied oil drums with jerry cans.
COE GMC truck
Diamond T with roger's trailer
Like to see the trucks from the pontoon set released as a set.

Allied oil drums with jerry cans.
COE GMC truck
Diamond T with roger's trailer
Like to see the trucks from the pontoon set released as a set.
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
GHQ,
I guess we consumers are never satisfied. Now that you have given us the M103, I look through the motor pool and see M103s, M47s, M41s, M42s. We have nothing to transport infantry (M-75, M59), and no self-propelled artillery (M53, M55, etc) to support mechanized maneuver. Perhaps you could look into that in the near future.
Thanking you in advance,
Panzergator
I guess we consumers are never satisfied. Now that you have given us the M103, I look through the motor pool and see M103s, M47s, M41s, M42s. We have nothing to transport infantry (M-75, M59), and no self-propelled artillery (M53, M55, etc) to support mechanized maneuver. Perhaps you could look into that in the near future.
Thanking you in advance,
Panzergator
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
-
kfeltenberger
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:36 am
- Location: York, PA
- Contact:
I'll get in on this...
1. Merkava IVM (with Trophy/Windbreaker APS) This could be complete tanks or it could just be new turrets. I'd also like to see the co-ax .50 MG added to the miniature, too.
2. JAS 39 Gripen. Preferably the E version, but I'll be happy with a C.
3. Bv-206S
4. CV-9040B, this is similar to the current CV-9040, but without the add-on armor
5. CV-9040 AA - the dedicated AA version
6. ARCHER Artillery System
7. NAMER based Engineering vehicle
8. Patria AMV
9. Patria Pasi
10. Rafale C/M or B
11. FH77B artillery
That should do it for now.
1. Merkava IVM (with Trophy/Windbreaker APS) This could be complete tanks or it could just be new turrets. I'd also like to see the co-ax .50 MG added to the miniature, too.
2. JAS 39 Gripen. Preferably the E version, but I'll be happy with a C.
3. Bv-206S
4. CV-9040B, this is similar to the current CV-9040, but without the add-on armor
5. CV-9040 AA - the dedicated AA version
6. ARCHER Artillery System
7. NAMER based Engineering vehicle
8. Patria AMV
9. Patria Pasi
10. Rafale C/M or B
11. FH77B artillery
That should do it for now.
Kurt
-
StarCruiser
- E5
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:42 am
- Location: Houston, we have a problem...
Satisfied? What is this word you use? I do not recognize it...panzergator wrote:GHQ,
I guess we consumers are never satisfied. Now that you have given us the M103, I look through the motor pool and see M103s, M47s, M41s, M42s. We have nothing to transport infantry (M-75, M59), and no self-propelled artillery (M53, M55, etc) to support mechanized maneuver. Perhaps you could look into that in the near future.
Thanking you in advance,
Panzergator
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra
-
7.62
- E5
- Posts: 1886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Kurt,kfeltenberger wrote:I'll get in on this...
2. JAS 39 Gripen. Preferably the E version, but I'll be happy with a C.
3. Bv-206S
4. CV-9040B, this is similar to the current CV-9040, but without the add-on armor
5. CV-9040 AA - the dedicated AA version
6. ARCHER Artillery System
8. Patria AMV
9. Patria Pasi
11. FH77B artillery
That should do it for now.
That sums up my wish list to a tee. I would just add the base BV206. Over 11,000 built and used by just about every Western Nation at some point.
Got your PM. I will be looking at my Gripen requirements and how to go about them.
All my CV90's are GHQ now, the CV90105 was the base for my ARV's and have used the "C" for my AA too. Next bash will be a AMOS on 9040.
For the Pasi I'm using Fuchs TPZ. I am free lance so close enough for me and fits the job.
Also have them as a base for Crotale NG system (Finn).

Theye are now in a 3 colour splinter as will be most of the force.

AMV will probably be my VBCI stand in, still not 100% on this one but for the next 12 Months it will have to do.

Will be posting more this week.
Cheers.
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
-
bashytubits
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 am
What I would like to see next
I am still holding out for WW1 Infantry and artillery for early war as well as late war. ALL the major nations fighting, France, Germany, Russia, Austria Hungary, Italy and Turkey.
I have said this before and I will say it again. I think GHQ would be surprised at how much interest their high quality would generate if they would do ranges for this war and period. The first world war needs some GHQ love!
I have said this before and I will say it again. I think GHQ would be surprised at how much interest their high quality would generate if they would do ranges for this war and period. The first world war needs some GHQ love!
-
kfeltenberger
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:36 am
- Location: York, PA
- Contact:
Did Sweden ever field the AMOS or has that been more export only?7.62 wrote: Kurt,
That sums up my wish list to a tee. I would just add the base BV206. Over 11,000 built and used by just about every Western Nation at some point.
Got your PM. I will be looking at my Gripen requirements and how to go about them.
All my CV90's are GHQ now, the CV90105 was the base for my ARV's and have used the "C" for my AA too. Next bash will be a AMOS on 9040.
I have some Leopards and CV9040s on the way and I'm not looking forward to the trying to airbrush the splinter camo. they might get a base coat of green like I've seen in several videos and some detailing.
Kurt
-
7.62
- E5
- Posts: 1886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Pretty sure it is under way as of now. Ben in Germany is a good authority on the CV90's and may know for sure.
My understanding was that the FMV (Swedish materiel admin) had the extra CV90's built some time ago and they had been stored awaiting cash for the AMOS turrets.
I seem to recall 24 units but could out on that.
I believe the funding got the go ahead last year with quite a high priority due to the general lack of available Swedish artillery at the moment.
Any AMOS platform would make a good GHQ release next year, AMV?
My understanding was that the FMV (Swedish materiel admin) had the extra CV90's built some time ago and they had been stored awaiting cash for the AMOS turrets.
I seem to recall 24 units but could out on that.
I believe the funding got the go ahead last year with quite a high priority due to the general lack of available Swedish artillery at the moment.
Any AMOS platform would make a good GHQ release next year, AMV?
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
-
pmskaar
- E5
- Posts: 2275
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:45 am
Things I Would Like to See 2017 - 2018
Here is my wish list for the next time around. My primary interests are WWII, Cold War era, and WWI and WWII naval.
For WWII.
1. British CS Turret Pack. Would include CS turret versions for the A9, A10, Matilda II, Crusader I/II, and the Churchill VIII. Rather than doing a whole pack of each complete CS vehicle just make a turret pack. This would be similar to the way trailers are done.
Could provide 2 of each turret type and this would fill a gap in the British tank line.
2. Bedford 15 cwt Truck. Very common.
3. Lloyd Carrier. How about a proper Lloyd Carrier this time GHQ?!
4. Humber LRC. Common Recon vehicle in Normandy.
5. British Heavy Weapons Pack #2. Would include everything that the first pack did not have including Vickers MMG with 2 man crew, 3 inch Mortar with 2 man crew, maybe a heavy mortar as well.
6. U.S. Heavy Weapons Pack #2. Would include M1917 and M1919 MGs with 2 man crews plus 81 MM Mortars with 2 man crews.
7. Opel Blitz infantry carrier.
8. Russian Command Tank Turret Pack. This would be similar to the CS Turret Pack but would feature early Russian Turrets with "clothesline" antennas. These would be on BT-5, BT-7, T-26, T-28, and T-35 tanks. The pack would include 2 of each type turret with the supports molded on and the antenna made from photo etched brass. This is one idea anyway.
9. T-34 1940. GHQ makes almost all of the T-34s in some way except for this one. Good for Barbarossa.
10. BT tank with 76mm infantry gun.
Here are the Cold War and Arab Israeli War things I would like to see.
1. Israeli Infantry from 1967 and 73 wars.
2. Arab Infantry from 1967 and 73 wars. Don't forget the Sagger teams.
3. BRDM-1. GHQ no longer offers this one. Perhaps a new sculpt is in order.
4. ZSU-57/2. Needs a new sculpt.
5. M60A2. The M60A1 is already done so this would just require a new turret to complete. There were several battalions in Germany that had these in the 1970s.
6. BTR-70. I have not seen any pictures of this one with the "Hubcaps". Otherwise the current GHQ model isn't bad at all.
7. SU-7. Cold War ground attack.
8. American 1970s Infantry. These would include steel pots, ground mounted TOWs and Dragons among other things. Would be good for early 80's as well until the advent of the "Fritz" helmet.
9. Modern Artillery Crews. With all the guns coming out, we need some crews to man them. First, I would like to see Americans and Russians in 1960s - early 80s gear and then maybe some more modern ones.
10. South African Infantry. I hope to see some more infantry next year. No infantry for 2016-2017 apparently.
Now for Ships.
1. HMS Canopus Pre-Dreadnought. Need for Coronel/Falklands.
2. HMS Otranto.
3. USS Enterprise/Yorktown 1942.
4. More WWI Ships. No specific names here but I hope GHQ will continue to fill in the gaps in these lines, especially the British, Germans and French. Perhaps other nations could be done eventually such as Italy, Greece, Turkey etc.
That is my list for this time around. I have tried to keep it down to no more than 10 items each so as not to create a laundry list of everything GHQ doesn't make.
Thanks GHQ!
Pete
For WWII.
1. British CS Turret Pack. Would include CS turret versions for the A9, A10, Matilda II, Crusader I/II, and the Churchill VIII. Rather than doing a whole pack of each complete CS vehicle just make a turret pack. This would be similar to the way trailers are done.
Could provide 2 of each turret type and this would fill a gap in the British tank line.
2. Bedford 15 cwt Truck. Very common.
3. Lloyd Carrier. How about a proper Lloyd Carrier this time GHQ?!
4. Humber LRC. Common Recon vehicle in Normandy.
5. British Heavy Weapons Pack #2. Would include everything that the first pack did not have including Vickers MMG with 2 man crew, 3 inch Mortar with 2 man crew, maybe a heavy mortar as well.
6. U.S. Heavy Weapons Pack #2. Would include M1917 and M1919 MGs with 2 man crews plus 81 MM Mortars with 2 man crews.
7. Opel Blitz infantry carrier.
8. Russian Command Tank Turret Pack. This would be similar to the CS Turret Pack but would feature early Russian Turrets with "clothesline" antennas. These would be on BT-5, BT-7, T-26, T-28, and T-35 tanks. The pack would include 2 of each type turret with the supports molded on and the antenna made from photo etched brass. This is one idea anyway.
9. T-34 1940. GHQ makes almost all of the T-34s in some way except for this one. Good for Barbarossa.
10. BT tank with 76mm infantry gun.
Here are the Cold War and Arab Israeli War things I would like to see.
1. Israeli Infantry from 1967 and 73 wars.
2. Arab Infantry from 1967 and 73 wars. Don't forget the Sagger teams.
3. BRDM-1. GHQ no longer offers this one. Perhaps a new sculpt is in order.
4. ZSU-57/2. Needs a new sculpt.
5. M60A2. The M60A1 is already done so this would just require a new turret to complete. There were several battalions in Germany that had these in the 1970s.
6. BTR-70. I have not seen any pictures of this one with the "Hubcaps". Otherwise the current GHQ model isn't bad at all.
7. SU-7. Cold War ground attack.
8. American 1970s Infantry. These would include steel pots, ground mounted TOWs and Dragons among other things. Would be good for early 80's as well until the advent of the "Fritz" helmet.
9. Modern Artillery Crews. With all the guns coming out, we need some crews to man them. First, I would like to see Americans and Russians in 1960s - early 80s gear and then maybe some more modern ones.
10. South African Infantry. I hope to see some more infantry next year. No infantry for 2016-2017 apparently.
Now for Ships.
1. HMS Canopus Pre-Dreadnought. Need for Coronel/Falklands.
2. HMS Otranto.
3. USS Enterprise/Yorktown 1942.
4. More WWI Ships. No specific names here but I hope GHQ will continue to fill in the gaps in these lines, especially the British, Germans and French. Perhaps other nations could be done eventually such as Italy, Greece, Turkey etc.
That is my list for this time around. I have tried to keep it down to no more than 10 items each so as not to create a laundry list of everything GHQ doesn't make.
Thanks GHQ!
Pete