Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Hoth_902
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by Hoth_902 »

Panzergator,. I hold you in the highest regard, both for your service l, life experience and breath of knowledge. I had wrote a whole diatribe on my point, but before I posted, I stopped and deleted it. I respect yours and others opinion and I will depart from this thread. In the words of Wayne and Garth, party on dude.....
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

MechCommander wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:27 am
And that Panzer is something that will change, no more should I run away from the enemy not even in the slightest, this time Im much more prepared to take on the challenge, as ive used this long downtime to do my own research on basic military tactics though some Field Manuals I found online and videos I watched.

And again like Hoth Said, The creative writing was rather not appropriate, for now on it has to be done with someone moderating with actual wargaming rules.
We all write creatively. We were going to have a GM facilitate with applied structure. That would have been fine with the GM. I had specific assets.
You can try to determine how things were developing Hoth. 6 backfires each with SS-N-20, 60% chance each to hit. 3 at each target. Follow up of SU-24 with their own anti ship missiles all targeting the BB. If you have a better data probability please furnish it. My opponent came up empty. He might have needed an advisor.
The EE was planning to try to sink the entire NC task force. I did have a couple of SSN in Aegean. Fly Bears into N.Atlantic. Attrition would high.
I think NC left soldiers in Greece as most flew in.
. If NC had decided to attack for a land battle, that would have been fun.
Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Hoth, I am right behind you. I really shouldn't be in imagi-nations these days. Anybody can play here and I ought to let 'em. Just put your pieces on the board and let the die roll how she may. Just don't ask me what you should do. I don't wargame.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

A lone EE Destroyer Has been spotted in the Pacific heading on a course to Vancouver Island, the NC Guided Missile Cruiser HMCS Alberta managed to intercept the vessel, the EE Captain radioed to the Alberta's Captain saying he wishes to defect and has some information to share with the NC and the ROD in exchange for safe harbour.

Oh and Quick GM's note Ive recently acquired the PDF's for a Fist full of TOW's 3 for Modern ground Combat, and Harpoon 3rd edition for Modern naval Combat, so any Imagi-nations Combat that involves NC or Outboard Islands will be done under these rules.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Nice looking Udaloy.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

chrisswim wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:18 pm
Nice looking Udaloy.
Thanks it came from the same GHQ lot I found last year in my hometown the lady who gave me this said there’s more in storage as her late husband was a hobby person. I’m crossing my fingers that he had modern ships in a box somewhere.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Under the tutelage of the British Advisors, The soldiers of the NC army are going though a tough training program, that is designed to help the NC soldiers build confidence, determination, and teamwork in order to help form a expert fighting force.

In CFB Halifax and Comox.
NC Navy pilots are getting their real flight training from US navy pilots in order to help get more out their CF-18s and CF-14s and in a change of NCAF policy the NC Navy Carrier aircraft will be sharing a airbase with an RCAF Wings in both bases. So they can get more flying hours in order to help build up those skills.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

With the Captain of the Rouge EE destroyer and his skeleton crew along with their family's who they brought onboard are into safe custody, the Captain tells the officers of NCAF Pacfic Command of the existence of a EE spy hidden among the ROD officers in JTF-M who are now undergoing Operation REFOREGYPT.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

I thought that the EE sunk the NC aircraft carrier and a battleship. Thought they wanted to ensure that NC would not attack them again and being concerned that the sorties could have been aggressive.
Isn’t it sitting on the bottom of the Aegean Sea?

quote=chrisswim post_id=83123 time=1633788678 user_id=396]
Good luck leaving. We will sink some or all of your ships. Come in the Med, train for a month or two. Thought we would sit idly by waiting for you to choose when, if where, how. Thank you for allowing us to build up.

Blackjack looking for military ships leaving Athens. Firing 6 SS-N-22 Sunburn missiles, 3 at a battleship and 3 at a carrier. 2 hits on each. With in a hour the carrier lists to port, submerges never to be seen again. The BB is fairing better. Hardly moving, several fires observed. SU-24 which are 34 minutes behind. They fired a dozen smaller Anti-ship missiles into the battleship, sinks within an hour.
NC may conduct rescue operations, May also sail in groups of ships that number no larger than 3 ships. Next group maybe no closer than 3 hours and 40 NM.
Without acknowledgement and adherence to the above communication the EE will attack to finish off all the NC Military ship possible. Rescue operations are allowed. All NC ship May have NAV radar, and search radars on. The should not be any reason to detect and fire-control radar wave-bands. If the EE observes anything out of expected the EE will defend itself and try to communicate the concern to NC if time allows.
[/quote]
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

If this was done using actual naval wargaming rules, like Harpoon 3rd edition yes. But since you used creative writing to resolve combat, it does not count so the ships where not sunk.

I highly recommend you find a copy of Harpoon 3rd edition for naval warfare, and a fist full of TOW's 3rd edition for ground combat. So in any future Imagi-Nation conflicts resolving combat will be done properly.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Ok, you are right.
Last edited by chrisswim on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Chris,.

If you truly did use rules, then I am a big enough person to admit I am wrong. However two things to consider, you might want to point that out when I suggested that you resolved it via creative writing. Not that you owe me anything. Second, you have to admit that every time you resolve a beating on Mech, it's always wildly successful. Even a blind dog finds his asp once in a while.

But with that said, you said you used rules to resolve combat and I will take your word and extend my apologies....

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Hoth,
I did not think I needed to go into extensive detail. Appreciate your comments.
Thank you.
Last edited by chrisswim on Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

What happened that made Redleg backed out of this scenario was that my Amphibious fleet lacked proper support for the ground forces once they landed, proper berthing for the units being transported, And the plan that I had in place, originally I was going to split up my guys to attack both sides of the Bosporus. But doing so would risk spreading myself too thin, so I changed the plan to land forces on the European side of the Bosporus and destroy all the bridges that span the straits in a effort to cut the EE division in half and prevent them from gaining reinforcements.
Redleg did not appreciate that as it was a repeat of the Suez War when i destroyed the bridge I was tasked to hold for the ROD unit behind me. But at that point my division was weakened before I got to the bridge. I made a rather tough call. As if I had tried to hold that bridge with the forces that where left. The EE would have steam rolled over me and encircled the ROD units cutting them off from resupply.
Last edited by MechCommander on Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Chris,

You pointed out where I was wrong, I apologized for my misunderstanding, I am good. I will respectively bow out.

It's all good. .