Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Chris. I feel like the time the Abrams comes around, this dinosaur would be a pigeon house outside of a VFW hall. LOL

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Scenery additions are coming along nicely,
Maybe when I'm done adding stone walls, breastworks, roads, and such to my collection, maybe the armies could have a chance meeting a Beagle's Crossroads. Since I have all this stuff out, there might as well be a few Federal divisions trying to defend the crossroads from being cut.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Great looking stuff, Bill! You now have a couple of completed units. Will you be adding more?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete. I have a lot more than that. I have the whole Federal 1st Corps, a division of Union Cavalry, two full divisions of Confederate infantry and part of another. I think all told I have around 25 brigades right now, lol. Some of my older stuff is well traveled and needs some TLC.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Amazing work Bill! Your ACW troops are fantastic!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Red, appreciate it.

A couple of 250's.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Your Sdkfz 250 halftracks look great, Bill! The camo really looks well executed.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete! I wish the pictures would have turned out better. I’m kinda kicking around the idea of getting some more photography stuff for my models. I build a lot of stuff, but only have a couple decent cameras and a tripod. I feel like maybe a small back light might do me some good. Or it will just open up a whole new can of hobby worms, as if I need ANOTHER one!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

100% agree with Pete - your camo is spectacular!

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Great 250s - paint job is excellent and the weathered decals are a clutch move.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete, thanks Burt! The devil is in the details, but I’m still not crazy enough to drill out gun barrels, lol.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

It's been a while since I've posted anything, the weather has been super nice, and when I've been modeling, I've been focusing on my 1/48th stuff. But I did finish a stand of zouaves for Webb's brigade. Not the best pictures, I got the camera to close.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

So I've gotten the hint that it's time to give the table back, so I'm going to fight a quick battle and keep working on scenery later. The Union forces are positioned behind a stone wall and dug in behind brestworks. The Third Division, First Corps is in the center, flanked by the First Division, Second Corps on the left and one brigade of the Second Division, Second Corp on the right. Artillery in very heavy in the center where there are clear lanes of fire.Image
There is one brigade of John Bufords cavalry in reserve to plug gaps, just incase.
The Confederates goal is break the Federal center, and keep at least one unspent brigade to the west of the crossroads for one complete turn.Image
The Confederates only have a small place where in the filed where they can post their batteries because of the woods.Image
The Rebs only have one and half divisions to make this happen, so the advance will have to be coordinated and quick, but once they pace their batteries, they will have difficulties getting artillery support.
View of what the Rebs are facing. The woods and the fields are going to slow down movement, as well as making artillery support and command a little difficult, this is probably going to be messy.
These are all the troops I really wanted to try and fit on this size of a table, otherwise maneuvering would be kind of pointless. The battle will start later, I have some things I need to take care of around the house first.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

The house can wait Bill! You have a war to fight!

Your troops and table look amazing, as always, Bill! I decided long ago that I wasn't going to start collecting ACW in addition to my other collections, but dammit - your ACW troops look so awesome I feel the urge to start down that road!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks for the kind word Red! It’s a dusty road that’s worth traveling! I’m afraid the battle can’t start tonight though, the armies are taking this night to write final letters home. I think one went something like this, ‘Dearest Mother, I fear we shall have another battle upon the morrow, if I should fall, please remember to feed the hogs. If it pleases the Gods of Battle that I should come through, please remember to send more squirrel oil.’