Semper Fi!
Show us your Infanrty
Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1
-
ShortRound70
- E5
- Posts: 270
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:32 am
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
-
jb
- E5
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 am
- Location: Antananarivo
New USMC Camo battle dress uniform
Some pictures of the newest USMC BDUs






-
Ritter
- E5
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:59 am
- Location: BC, Canada
- Contact:
-
jb
- E5
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 am
- Location: Antananarivo
That is afirmative to the digital camo.Ritter wrote:Nice Work JB.
Those are the smallest dots I have ever seen!!!
This is the 'Digital' style cammo - correct?
Are you splattering with the thumb and a stiff brush or using a pin?
Troy
I gave up the splattering years ago as being "ineffective" to our beloved scale. Pins I thought about,and still is a good idea,but for this procedure you actually need a microscope (of which I'm seriously contemplating),along with some micro surgery instruments.
The procedure you see is from an areosol can,held to a distance. Of course you need to find a can of spray that is real fine,and even spray. You can tell if it is correct by the way it "waftsin the air",you know what I mean? In this case the black primer I use.
To find the correct distance you just spray on paper adjusting the distance until you get the results required.
Now for your WWII German camo I understand there are 2 colors or more of the "dots". It seems that the first dots would need to be masked using the spray can method. Can be done though.
JB
-
BattlerBritain
- E5
- Posts: 628
- Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:00 pm
- Location: Somerset, UK
Had the camera out today so I thought I'd take a few snaps of some recently completed Rusky mine-clearers:

Made the minefields from 1-inch square plastic card covered in flock, with the mine signs also made from T-shaped plastic card and hand painted with mine sign. The signs look great in a game.
The barbed wire is multi-strand mains electrical wire stripped of insulation then individual strips around a foot long wound round a pencil, then painted rust colour. When dry glued onto a pre-flocked base.
Also some Russky Cossack Cavalry charging across a cornfield:

Unfortunately they're NOT GHQ
Cheers,
Battler

Made the minefields from 1-inch square plastic card covered in flock, with the mine signs also made from T-shaped plastic card and hand painted with mine sign. The signs look great in a game.
The barbed wire is multi-strand mains electrical wire stripped of insulation then individual strips around a foot long wound round a pencil, then painted rust colour. When dry glued onto a pre-flocked base.
Also some Russky Cossack Cavalry charging across a cornfield:

Unfortunately they're NOT GHQ
Cheers,
Battler
-
dougeagle
- E5
- Posts: 726
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am
- Location: Northern Alberta
Alright, I took some photos of my WW2 German Infantry.






The way I labeled my stands is as follows:
1K 1 is 1 Kompanie 1 platoon (Zug) and so on.
IS 1 is Infantry Support 1 and so on.
80 M is for 80mm Mortar.
Because of the amount of Infantry Support stands that are involved, I marked them as 1,2,3,4 and so on. I also did this with my HQ stands...marked 1 through to 10, but I don't think I will ever have 10 HQ stands.
I have my Panzer IV H's on the way soon, as well as some Sherman V's and Fireflies plus some British/ Canadian soldiers.
Enjoy






The way I labeled my stands is as follows:
1K 1 is 1 Kompanie 1 platoon (Zug) and so on.
IS 1 is Infantry Support 1 and so on.
80 M is for 80mm Mortar.
Because of the amount of Infantry Support stands that are involved, I marked them as 1,2,3,4 and so on. I also did this with my HQ stands...marked 1 through to 10, but I don't think I will ever have 10 HQ stands.
I have my Panzer IV H's on the way soon, as well as some Sherman V's and Fireflies plus some British/ Canadian soldiers.
Enjoy
Doug
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee
-
BattlerBritain
- E5
- Posts: 628
- Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:00 pm
- Location: Somerset, UK
-
Ritter
- E5
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:59 am
- Location: BC, Canada
- Contact:
-
dougeagle
- E5
- Posts: 726
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am
- Location: Northern Alberta
I'm currently working on my British/ Canadian troops, but am having a hard time trying to find the the colors for the ATG's, arty guns and helmets.
I have read that they were either Khaki Brown or Khaki Green. Which color would be for which time period in the war?
I have read that they were either Khaki Brown or Khaki Green. Which color would be for which time period in the war?
Doug
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Bruce Lee
-
jb
- E5
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 am
- Location: Antananarivo
Italion 1st Bn 62nd Infantry regiment
Infantry 1st and Support comapnies 1st Bn 62nd Infantry Regiment












-
pmskaar
- E5
- Posts: 2275
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:45 am
Show Us Your Stuff
JB
Great job on the Italian infantry. I really like the textured effects you have acheived on the bases as well as your usual great paint job on the infantry. I am currently working on some British 8th Army stuff for North Africa so I can take my desert terrain out and use it again. I have completed 6 Humber armored cars and am near completion on 5 light trucks. I will have to paint my infantry soon.
By the way, also great work by Ritter as usual several posts ago and the fine work that you all have been posting. Keep up the good work.
Pete - Binpicker, Out!
Great job on the Italian infantry. I really like the textured effects you have acheived on the bases as well as your usual great paint job on the infantry. I am currently working on some British 8th Army stuff for North Africa so I can take my desert terrain out and use it again. I have completed 6 Humber armored cars and am near completion on 5 light trucks. I will have to paint my infantry soon.
By the way, also great work by Ritter as usual several posts ago and the fine work that you all have been posting. Keep up the good work.
Pete - Binpicker, Out!
-
jb
- E5
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 am
- Location: Antananarivo
Thank you ,Pete. Seeing your's and Tom Stockton's projects always inspires me to try harder in this area.
I look forward to seeing your Afrika projects. I'm also trying to get some time in on the Carpathian brigade which fought in Cyrenacia.
I also noted that the Italian officers in the GHQ range wear a kepi type hat that is similar to the French. With an over abundance of officers per pack,I forsee some Brits and IT officers swapping heads to form a French Foriegn Legion unit!
JB
I look forward to seeing your Afrika projects. I'm also trying to get some time in on the Carpathian brigade which fought in Cyrenacia.
I also noted that the Italian officers in the GHQ range wear a kepi type hat that is similar to the French. With an over abundance of officers per pack,I forsee some Brits and IT officers swapping heads to form a French Foriegn Legion unit!
JB

