Gentlemen,
I'm looking for suggestions for easy ways to remove 6mm figures from the strip after painting. I currently use a wire cutter and then have to file down the remaining stub. Sometimes the figures get all bent. There has to be a better way. How do you do it?
Removing 6mm Figures From the Strip
Moderators: GHQ, dnichols, Mk 1
-
pvt64
- E5
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Ballston Lake, NY
-
panzergator
- E5
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am
I would go with an x-acto knife rather than a clipper. I find the clippers don't cut straight down, which means you have a wedge you still have to trim. Take your time and line it up.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.
-
Peter_Fitz
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:19 am
- Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
- Contact:
-
Steel Arrows
- E5
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:10 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
-
madman
- E5
- Posts: 213
- Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:21 pm
- Location: Ontario Canada
My bad. Sorry I had it in my head you wanted to remove the figures from their bases. Yes there are cutters like wire cutters which have one side flat.
I am used to H&R where the sprues are removed and the figures are basically one long strip about 10 figures long. GHQ keeps them individual.
I suggest cutting them off and sanding if needed. If very little sprue is left use epoxy to base them to cover what is left. If you can get the old style wooden paint stirrers at the local paint store hot glue the figures (bases) to the thin side of the strip for handling during painting. I just pry them up after (use as little hot glue as you can) or you could take a hair dryer to the glue to soften it up.
Stephen
I am used to H&R where the sprues are removed and the figures are basically one long strip about 10 figures long. GHQ keeps them individual.
I suggest cutting them off and sanding if needed. If very little sprue is left use epoxy to base them to cover what is left. If you can get the old style wooden paint stirrers at the local paint store hot glue the figures (bases) to the thin side of the strip for handling during painting. I just pry them up after (use as little hot glue as you can) or you could take a hair dryer to the glue to soften it up.
Stephen